Friday 13 August 2010

Sometimes people just click

I recently had a shoot with Stu Hyland at an abandonned warehouse

near his place. This was one of my first shoots after being ill and on

the way through to meet him I wasn't feeling great and was annoyed

at myself in case my ill health encroached on our shoot.

When we arrived at the location my eyes just lit up. I was so

inspired by the building, everything about it was just amazing

and the potential for images was great. We got to work straight

away after exploring the location and deciding what areas we

wanted to work in and what outfits I was going to wear. Usually

I mainly shoot art nude but after being ill I was told I had to

stay warm so have been building up my fashion section of my

portfolio. Although saying that, there were a couple of sets

towards the end of the evening where I just knew they would

look better with some nudity so couldn't help myself.

Stu is a great photographer, had unlimited ideas and is as

daft as a brush! We seemed to click really well and from the

moment we started shooting we were bouncing ideas around

(including some from Craig who was our lookout with the dog!)

We even got down to some light painting later where Craig

was in charge of the lights, Stu with the camera and me doing

my stuff as usual. We got on so well I'm doing a group shoot

with Stu and some other people on Monday at South

Queensferry and we're already in discussions of future

shoots and ideas.

The images were uploaded onto UKPM where they caught

the eye of Craig McGuire. We had discussed shoots before

but never really got round to getting anything firmly in the

diary. These images have managed to strike a chord with

him though so we're back on track with getting something

booked.

Anyway guys, enjoy the images and let me know what

you think of them as they are a little different to my usual stuff.

Kirst xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment