Tuesday 8 December 2009

Wish upon a shooting star

After my crappy day yesterday Craig told me he had a surprise for me...I hate surprises! After dinner we went out in the car, drove for miles and stopped the car down by an old farm, lake and rowing boats. He turned the lights off and we lay on the bonnet with a blanket round us looking at the stars. It couldn't have been any more perfect. We could both feel the cold chilling wind on our cheeks but the warmth coming from each other.

When I was pointing out some stars to him, we both said we'd love to see a shooting star (Craig saw his first a couple of weeks ago and was amazed by it!) A few seconds later we seen a big glistening star shoot across the black velvet sky. It was at that split moment I realised how content I am just now, how happy I am with everything and how being with Craig doing the most random of things takes all my worries away.

*

I also had an awesome time shooting with Russell over the weekend. On Sat we shot at a little homeless setup we came across in the woods, then in the water (yep, December and I was in the water). On Sunday we shot at a big loch in Perth (yep, there is one!) and some woods doing some more homeless type stuff and some nudes. Again, I decided to take all my clothes off and get into the loch! It was absolutely freezing but so worth it! I had the ideal building lined up which I've wanted to shoot in for ages. Last time I was up it was easy to get into, if you knew how, but when we drove up there on Sunday, it was all boarded up and there was no way in. Was absolutely gutted, think Russell was too. We got some great images out of the time we had together anyway, but I'm more than overdue a trip to Ayrshire to shoot on his home turf.
Bit cheerier today, yesterday was just a bad day. Sorry for the rant guys,
Kirst xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment