Thursday 25 March 2010

Lighting group in Lancaster

On Sunday morning I drove up to Lancaster to meet Gazhilla aka Gary as I was the chosen model for his lighting tuition group. Altogether there were eight photographers, the most I've ever modelled infront of. I was really nervous on the drive over but as soon as I met Gary he put me completely at ease, he is such a lovely man. His partner was there too, she was so welcoming and made all my nerves fly out the window.
We never really got a chance to shoot some proper images as he was teaching others how to understand lighting and model etiquette but we sneaked in a few shots. I love the above shot, it's not usual I wear clothes but I guess I don't look that bad in them!

I'm not sure of a lot of the photographers names who were at the lighting course but one I remember is Tony aka toneb75. We seemed to hit it off from the start and I felt completely at ease infront of his camera. I've always struggled to get a decent headshot I like but Tony managed it pretty well...
My favourite is the first headshot, the tones are lovely and my eyes look gorgeous (even if I do say so myself!) Tony should be proud of these! We also managed to sneak in a couple of nudes, my favourite by Tony...

Thanks for these Tony, they truly are lovely, I don't think it will be too long before I'm back down your way!
After leaving Lancaster Craig drove us back to Blackpool to spend the night in our little guest house after dinner at Frankie & Benny's. I almost fell asleep in the restaurant I was so tired, sometimes I think non-models/non-photographers underestimate the effort which gets put into every shoot, it's not easy work.
Will update on the location work next,
Kirst xx

No comments:

Post a Comment