Saturday 21 November 2009

Bad Times

2009 has been such a challenge for me and I'm starting to look forward to new beginnings in 2010. This year, my health has went from bad to worse...first I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, then M.E (which led to chicken pox, 3 lots of tonsilitis and losing my voice) and now after another check up with the doctor and some more tests I am allergic to wheat (which is pretty much all I eat since I don't have a sweet tooth) and I also have mastoiditis which showed up during an MRI scan. Basically, this means the lining of my skull or something like that is all inflammed and infected on my left side causing bad headaches and dizziness. It's the second time this year it's caused me bother and now I may have to get an operation to remove something...let's hope it's not my brain!

I asked my doc about the operation, what happens and when I would be getting it done...he replied early next year hopefully and I would have to get my head cut off...I mean open.

...problem...

(1) I'm terrified of surgery after seeing the film "Awake" about a guy who gets his head (I think)operated on and can still hear and feel everything that's going on, he even hears the doctors planning on killing him.
(2) It means I will have to get part of my head shaved, above my left ear....I love my hair...there's no way I'm getting it shaved.
(3) If needs must and I have to get it shaved...I will have a bald bit for my wedding :( It's not happening, I'm puting my foot down....at least wait until after the wedding!

On a lighter note, I'm going to be an auntie! My future sister-in-law is pregnant, she found out when she was 6 months! She did always say she was the type of person to go to the toilet and come out with a baby...she's not far off it!

Also, I received some more images recently from Phil which I'm in love with! I love the colours of the sky in these. Phil is hopefully going to be my early Christmas present this year! Hoping to shoot again soon! Also, my buddy Rupert and I are going to take on the freezing outdoors in early December!
I'm missing my dad an awful lot at the moment. It's probably due to the fact I'm proud of myself and feel he would be too. Also, I hate Christmas without him...Christmas for me is family time, sometimes it's just difficult when part of your family will be spending Christmas looking down on you from the clouds..

Love you dad,

Kirst xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment