Wednesday 21 October 2009

Day 3 of my England tour - Wales/Telford

After my disaster on my last shoot we got in the car and headed over to Calcieth (or something like that) in North Wales. The drive took the three of us about 2 1/2 hours but it was such a wicked drive. To cheer me up a bit Craig decided to try out his best Welsh accent...all he could say was "down in the valley". He made me laugh so much, tears were rolling down my face when I was driving.

When in Wales I wasn't shooting, set aside some "family time". When we checked into the most gorgeous guest house with a huge free standing bath I could've cried. It was stunning! Our bedroom looked out onto an old ruined castle (wish there were some photographers nearby!) and the bathroom looked out onto a little beach. Off we went with the dog to the beach where he was growling at the waves! There was also a dolphin jumping in the water as the sun was going down.


I took a photo of the sunset and even if I say so myself...it's pretty damn good!

An early night after a bath full of bubbles is exactly what I needed. We were woken at 7am by the guest house owner with two huge trays of toast, muffins, tea, coffee, cereal, fruit, yoghurts, croissants...everything. It was so lovely! I just wanted to steal the lady who made it and hide her in my suitcase. We left early after leaving a little memorial stone at a 'spirit house' on a little wooden boat. It was for people to leave messages on stones for loved ones who they had lost. I left one for my dad.


So once again it was in the car and off to Telford where I met with Graham Hickman ^^. He took me away up a hill to an old stone quarry where we had a brilliant shoot. The sun came out and it felt great prancing around nude on the remainder of the buildings. Graham and I had a great laugh while shooting and managed to get some amazing results! Waiting on some more coming through but will post them when I get them.

Feel I have totally rambled on about Wales on this post -sorry Graham- so will leave it at that for tonight an will get images up tomorrow!

Nitey nite xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment