Tuesday 20 October 2009

Day 1 of my England Tour - Lake District & Preston

FINALLY getting round to updating this! Since I've been back (3 days now) I've been super busy both with checking through images, replying to emails and unpacking my case...still got more to unpack!

It all started on Sunday...before leaving Perth at 1pm I had a shoot in an abandonned railway tunnel with Bruce. It was a great (but freezing) shoot and extremely creepy in a pitch black tunnel. As we were walking we kept bumping into eachother as we couldn't see a thing! Really looking forward to seeing the results!

* Just remembered, recently I had a shoot with Natasha Di Pasquale at Contrast and she made me into an angel! She brough with her a pair of handmade angel wings. I had such a wicked time shooting with her, my first ever female photographer! She even almost cried as she liked an image so much! Just waiting on the images coming through *
After a long drive down to Kendal (should've only taken about 3 1/2 hours but Glasgow road works added 2 hours!) the hubby, pooch and I settled into the cutest little farm cottage. The old woman who owned it even made us a packed lunch for the next day! How sweet! It was a quiet Saturday night with dinner in a little restaurant then back to the room to watch the X-factor...I'm addicted!
5am rise in the morning to make it over to shoot with Phil aka Lifescapes in the Lake District. Phil and I have spoken online for ages, finally managing to put a date to our shoot. When meeting him it was like meeting an old friend. We hit it off big time, even if I did make him fall out of a tree! Ooooops! Also had fun playing with swans in the water (it's now 8days later and I STILL have the cold!)

Can't wait to see the rest of the images. I feel it always helps when you click with the photographer. Thanks so much Phil!

After our shoot Craig, Cody and I got back in the car and took a short drive down to Preston. Well, we stayed in Chorley in a cute little pet friendly lodge but I was shooting in a studio in Preston with the lovely Nige.

The shoot was mainly nude based but managed to squeeze in a few other things. Nige is such a lovely guy and made me feel so at ease. The studio owner Ade was fantastic too, and his pooch Alf. I sooo wanted to steal him but he was about the size of me so think I would've got caught!

I'm really happy with the results I've seen so far. It was different for me to be shooting nude in a studio, over the summer I've shot on location so much. I had a blast though, and Nige even gave me a bottle of wine...what a sweetheart!


Day 1 was exhausting but I bloody loved every minute of it. Bring on day 2! Thanks Phil and Nige!

Kirst xx

No comments:

Post a Comment