Tuesday 20 October 2009

Day 2 of my England tour - Stoke-on-Trent

Not really sure how to word this entry. I got up nice and early, packed my things for the shoot and jumped in the shower (not necessarily in that order). We were off to Stoke-on-Trent for the afternoon so I could shoot in a theatre. Was really looking forward to it.

On the way down there, Craig and I discovered a fuel tanker had overturned on the M6 between junctions 18 and 19...just where we were heading! Typical...

After a two hour diversion and lots of contact with the photographer I turned up raring to shoot. Craig took Cody to the park and left me to get on with it so I dragged my case inside and got to work. At first impressions the photographer seemed very quiet. I tried to make conversation but no response. Maybe he didn't hear me.

After a while of shooting he came out with lots of unnecessary remarks: you are too tall, you only seem to work with GWC's, why did you come out of Scotland, you are not what I was looking for, you have big hips, you're not very good etc etc etc.

Now that MAJORLY pissed me off! I bit my tongue for the rest of the shoot, kept an eye on the clock and left quickly.

The photographer has been in touch since I posted on a forum about having no chemistry. He offered to talk things through but since I've emailed him back, I've not heard anything.

Some of the images taken were nice though, I hope I receive some soon otherwise the photographer has not lived up to his end of the deal. Will have to PM him soon.

During this shoot was the first time I have ever felt uncomfortable. Even at one stage a woman (who I guess was in charge) came in with her screaming baby in a carry cot. She dumped the baby down while carrying on with her work elsewhere and I was left to work through the screaming of the little one. The photographer didn't bat an eyelid, nor apologise. Also, he told me to keep my clothes on while this lady was around which made me wonder if he even had permission to shoot nude in the theatre.

Not an enjoyable shoot and not a nice experience. Pretty pissed about it to be honest therefore no images on this post!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment