Friday 1 January 2010

Reflections of 2009

Where to start...
2009 saw the start of my art nude work, the first shoot I was nervous and it showed in images, the second I was cold, fell in the mud and almost got washed away by the sea but it was productive...the third I felt so humble and natural, so at peace and passionate about what I was doing. From that moment on I have never looked back. Art nude work has turned into a passion of mine, I love the feeling of being stripped of all material belongings, returning to your natural state and looking how God intended originally. I feel so much more comfortable nude than clothed, which is strange when all you want to do is take off all your clothes and go for a brisk walk in the wintery breeze outside!

2009 also saw many new adventures in my personal life. I am currently planning my wedding to my most wonderful and gorgeous fiance Craig, it's now only 6 months to our wedding and I've just booked our honeymoon to the Maldives! I am also going to be a proud auntie on April 2nd (ish) I'm so excited about it! My beauty salon is going from strength to strength which I am also uber happy about and I have also bought a new house and new car.

I have made many new friends in 2009, lots being models and photographers who share similar passions to my own, some not in the industry at all. I have also lost a few friends, if you could call them that. Jealousy is a very nasty thing. Health wise, 2009 has been hell. I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia, M.E and a wheat allergy. Every morning I wake up feeling like shit and have to take lots of meds for a year or so more until everything settles down but I don't let it get me down. I have realised this year I am extremely lucky and blessed, I am lucky enough to have a lot of things some people don't and I appreciate this more than anything in the world. I never take anything for granted and I am thankful for everything.

Here's to an ever better 2010 which will see me receiving my new super kingsize bed I ordered the other day, becoming Auntie Kirsty, getting married to the man of my dreams, possibly welcoming a little girl collie into the family and pushing the boundaries of my modeling - looking to make 2010 my year for everything!

Lots of 2010 love for you all,
Kirsty xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment