Tuesday 12 January 2010

Weekend At Lochcarron

I went to visit Alex Ingram at the weekend and we ventured out into the snow to shoot. It has always been an ambition of mine to shoot with Alex, I know I'm not the only one who sees Alex's work as very inspirational. If I'm honest, looking at his work and achievements was one factor which encouraged me to venture into the nude side of modeling. I'd just like to take the time to say thank you to Alex for all that he has done, both with me at the weekend and in the past with other models. In my eyes he is a true Scottish legend!

We kicked off the weekend by venturing out and exploring the area. Craig accompanied me on this trip with our little pooch Cody. Alex took us all out in the car and explained about the history of the area, some locations he would like to shoot at, general logistics of the area etc. We shot in a few areas on the Saturday but the light wasn't ideal and the snow was making me extremely cold so we headed back to chill out at the house and talk about our ideas for the evening.


After some of my home made fajitas and Alex's special way of warming up my frozen tootsies, Craig fell asleep with Cody and Alex and I got down to shooting some bodyscapes. I'd tried this on a few occasions but never managed to get the result I was looking for. With Alex, I found it.


After this image was taken we tried out some bodyscapes with Cody...Alex mentioned he was definitely the hairiest model he had shot! Once I'd woken Craig up (who apologise for sleeping but Alex didn't mind) we headed back to our lovely little guest house next door to Alex. The family run guest house was absolutely stunning, the couple were lovely and their children and dog were adorable! As soon as my head hit the pillow I was in the land of nod for hours!

After a nice hot shower and a lovely breakfast we headed back out into the snow with the intention of visiting Applecross. I had heard of the area and was keen to shoot there but the road was closed due to the snow. Instead we shot the first image on this entry and played around in the snow with some more ideas.

I honestly can't thank Alex enough for having us for the weekend. It was my New Year's resolution to work with him and not only did I manage that, I also produced my best images so far. I'm super proud of all I achieved this weekend and the fact I have the pictures to show my achievement. Alex has inspired me so much, not only to do with my modeling career but also my personal life. I can't wait until I next go up to visit, I promised him a shoot in the sunshine!
How's that for the first post of 2010!
Kirsty xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hunnie bee these are stunning!!!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete