Friday 21 August 2009

My Modeling Journey

Since I have just started this blog I am going to back track a little and discuss some of my favourite shoots, what I learned along the way and show you some of my earlier work.

Robert Simpson aka Keltphoto
One of my first shoots was with a lovely man called Bob. We shot on location at Huntingtower Castle in Perth, my first location shoot. Arrangements had been made and permission was granted for us to shoot there but when we turned up on the day the lady didn't recall anything about it...so there we were, shooting in a tourist attraction with tourists milling about and children running around dressed in capes and cloaks!

It was a relaxed shoot, a lovely atmosphere and a good laugh with Bob! Made a good friend and we have kept in touch since, with a couple more shoots along the way.

Some of the results from the day:

I never used to like this headshot but it's growing on me. Back in the day I was really proud of these pictures, I thought I'd done well for a first shoot :)
Donald Parsons aka Donscott
Donald and I shot back in 2007 in Contrast in Glasgow. I had a right giggle with him, he's such a funny little chappy! Again, the atmosphere was very relaxed, we just basically messed around all afternoon. The images were to build my portfolio a bit and include ideas Donald had. He helped me a lot with posing techniques and I still remember some of his pointers to this day. My favourite memory of him is when he showed me what he wanted me to pose like, seeing a photographer being a model for a few minutes made me giggle for ages!

Not got many of these old images on my laptop but here's a couple, including my Contrast goth chair photo...I think every model has one of these...


Colin McLatchie
Colin and I shot in a studio in Paisley for a couple of hours in 2007 I think it was. He was testing out some new equipment so pretty much let me do my own thing. I have a couple of favourites from the shoot but one in particular. It reminds me of Inspector Morse...although I'm not exactly sure who he was....maybe I mean Inspector Gadget...?

I know the lighting isn't great in this, not sure why I like it...I just do. No idea why it reminds me of an Inspector....maybe it's the jacket?!

Robert Simpson #2

In amongst all these other shoots (a few which I've not discussed here), I shot again with Bob. This time I dragged my hubby-to-be in for a couple of Calvin Klein inspired images. Again, I don't have the best ones on my laptop but here is a couple. After these we sprayed ourselves with some baby oil then water for some more intense images....but these are on my other computer.


I never can keep a straight face when he says he doesn't enjoy modeling...!

Dave Hunt aka Highlander
Dave and I shot together in Glasgow on location, outside Celtic Park, for an online clothing company. I would post the images on here but they are very cheesy...not the sort of work I usually do. Dave was a fab guy to work with and I hope to work with him again in the not too distant future.

John Baikie aka Captiv8

John and I have become very good friends since our first shoot together and have planned another, we have lots of ideas....our next shoot will be very interesting if I can grab him for a few hours! I love John to bits, I have admired his work for a very long time and feel priviledged to have shot with him.

I am proud of the work I have done with him, we even got published from our first shoot. Here are some of the results...we were going for a "cinderella in her attic" type of look...
Anyway, that's all for now. I'll talk you through my recent modeling journey in the next post. Hope you don't get bored reading all this because I'm having a great time reminiscing.
Love K x

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful.Your a beautiful model. :)

    ReplyDelete