Thursday 4 February 2010

Broken Angel

I received some images back from a shoot I done in August last year with the very talented Natasha DiPasquale. The idea for the shoot was to use the angel wings Natasha had then for the last few sets I put my make-up skills to the test to create a "broken angel". I love the above shot, it's my favourite from the shoot. I feel the image tells a thousand stories and sums up a lot of what I've been through in 2009. This last set of the shoot was very quick but I'm proud I managed to show such emotion, particularly in this shot.

Not exactly sure why but these shots remind me of my dad, who is now my guardian angel up there in the sky. They make me think I am trying to spread my angel wings but not quite managing to get to him. I'm super proud of my dad and I know he'll be proud of me (maybe not the fact I'm nude though!)


Natasha let me know when she sent these images over she is going to try to edit out the staps in due course but everything has just been a little hectic with her at the moment. I know the straps aren't to everyone's taste but I quite like them, I think the images might look a little fake without them.


I remember telling the story in a previous post about how a feather appears in my life from time to time. It's always after I have been thinking about my dad. I always look up to him for guidance and many times over the last few years, after I have been looking up to the sky for answers a feather appears in my path somewhere. It first happened the night my dad was snatched away from this cruel world, a single feather fell from the sky in front of my mum. Since then many feathers have made an appearance in my life. The other day when I was at my salon working away I had something playing on my mind and subconsciously asked my dad to send me a sign if I was doing the right thing, as I turned around there was a huge grey feather at my feet.

Thank you dad.

Kirsty xxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and emotive story. It's great that you are creating art as an emotive release. The images are then so genuine and grab a piece of the person viewing them.

    I think the straps look fine. Beautiful imagery and genuine emotion. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete