Tuesday 1 June 2010

Modesty

Here are a couple of images from a recent shoot at the most beautiful abandonned house in Aberdeen. I shot there with Rob a couple of weeks ago and love the images. The location was so inspiring with the most gorgeous wooden detail on the ceilings of the rooms and some stunning rugged stone work on some walls. I think this is the second most inspiring location I've been to, or maybe third...it's definitely on my top five anyway.

Rob and I had fun playing with light and different poses, as well as this one in the window. I've shot similar to this before but I prefer this image, I just love shooting through windows.

Rob also sent me over a contact sheet from our shoot. I've not seen contact sheets very often but it's so helpful to see one, even if you don't receive any of the images, it's just nice to see what worked, what didn't and ways you can improve next time.
I've slowed down a lot of my shooting over the past couple of weeks as the wedding is now only 11 days away and I've got so much to do. It's all the little bits and pieces left now but they seem to take the most time. I've got a shoot tomorrow then that's me until after my honeymoon. I'm taking four weeks off after I get back from the Maldives, I'm totally in need of a rest but after that I'll be shooting lots again and I can't wait. When I'm shooting, particularly when it's art nude, I feel like a free spirit and it's the only time I can completely switch off from the stresses of everyday life. I'm missing my stress relief at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to chill soon. I've got a wedding this Saturday (third in 3 weeks!) then my bridal shower on Sunday and then it's only five more days until the BIG ONE! I'm super excited and no nerves have set in. Let's hope it stays that way!
Will update again soon, got so many images waiting to be showcased.
Much love,
Kirst xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment